Friday, April 27, 2007

The Question

People make mistakes.

Ok, more specifically Beloved made a mistake. My question is, how can you tell when the mistake is a one-time transgression or a major flaw in their character?

Do you look at past history? At their childhood? At their current situation?

'Why?' I asked point blank. Trying to understand something that completely made no sense to me.

'I don't know.' Such a simple reply. Some say it's a cop-out, and I respect that view. But what if you really don't know?

Was it a brain fart?

A one-time lapse in judgment?

Or a glimpse of one's true character (or character flaw, depending on how you look at it)?

I wonder...

2 comments:

Sturdy Girl said...

people do make mistakes. I guess you just have to decide if you can forgive him, that's all.

Anonymous said...

Everyone deserves a second-chance.

Besides, IF he screws up again, you'll have that much more ammo to throw back at him.