Thursday, July 05, 2007

100

Since this is my 100th post I thought I should do something 'special' or noteworthy, but nothing noteworthy came to mind. Hey, it's the thought, right?

I really want to post about Princess and Lovely and this little 'problem' I have, but it's so bizarre I'm hesitant to tell even you.

It's about cooties.

Ok, really it's about lice. Beloved's children has them. Yes, that's right. They have them and have had them for the past 6 months or so. Off and on. Beloved gets rid of them when he has the girls, then he disinfects his house and sprays down everything w/ the lice spray and yet when they go back to Wicked's they get re-infected.

Yeah, it gives me the willies too. Makes my head itch just thinking about it.

Consequently I have not wanted to go over to Beloved's house to hang out or do laundry or do much of anything since this has been going on. Oh, and don't even think about bringing those little cootie-ridden ankle biters to my apartment. Nu uh!

Beloved knows how I feel and understands it, but doesn't know how to fix it.

Because...Wicked lives with her parents and the three girls. In a really small house. And based on the fact that Wicked wasn't much of a 'clean freak' when she and Beloved were married (Beloved said she was a pig and he did all the household chores) I cringe to think about how dirty the house is that the girls live in. Wicked's mother is very heavy and a smoker and has health problems and doesn't clean either. Now I know how lice is contracted and I know basic cleanliness is not the problem. But I also do know if you don't wash/spray EVERYTHING thoroughly when lice are found then they will continue to breed and re-infect everyone that they can sink their little fangs into. Did you know those little blood suckers can live 40-50 days???

EWWWWWWWW!

Wait, I'm itchin' now...all over. I gotta think about something else for a minute.

My issue is that I want to spend time with his children and get to know them and have them spend time with Cherished and I and so on and so forth.

Now how am I supposed to do that? When I know they're infected?

I'm an understanding person, but really...I put my foot down on hanging out with blood-sucking parasite ridden kids. And it's for completely selfish reasons, I assure you. I don't want cooties on Cherished or my person or in my apartment.

Still, I feel bad for Princess and Lovely. They know the reasons why I don't have them over at my apartment and why I don't snuggle next to them on the couch when they're at Beloved's. In fact I don't even sit on the couch at Beloved's. I imagine there must be an entire cootie colony living in those couch cushions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG..you are too much. Still laughin'. Go buy one of those lice kits and scrubs the lil' ones when they get to your house, before they sit, lay, or stretch out on anything. Or touch anything. It's not real expensive and just do it every time they are over until you are sure the lil' cooties are dead. Not the kids silly, the lice. Only kidding on the last sentence.