Friday, June 15, 2007

A First

'Bob' and I are going to give it a go on the 2nd job thing. It's not as steady of work as I'd would have liked but at least it's good money when it does happen and I don't have to claim it on taxes if I make under $600 a year from him. Not that I'm wanting to make less money but I'm just sayin'.

This weekend the family was supposed to gather at Queenie's house for Father's Day, but Meanie asked (ok, she just informed everyone invited) that because of FarrahHair's work schedule that it would be best to postpone the Father's Day get-together until sometime in early July. Of course the Fourth of July is early July but I'm assuming she means the weekend following that holiday. Whatever. I was actually relieved since I'm still hurt by my dad failing to call me on my birthday. I would have gone and put on the 'neutral' face of not caring one way or another, but now I don't even have to do that. Yippee!

So instead Beloved has invited me to spend Father's Day with him and the girls. I told Beloved that he needs to talk to Princess and Lovely first and listen to their opinions on the situation because after all, it is Father's Day. I'm in no hurry to shove myself down their little throats with 'getting to know each other' time. Beloved is their dad and I don't want to intrude on that. Cherished is spending Father's Day with Worthless Sunday, at his grandparents house so if I don't go with Beloved I will be spending Father's Day alone. Which I don't have a problem with. Ok, actually I would enjoy the alone time but I'll just keep that little tidbit between you and I.

Tonight Beloved is working his second job and won't be home until later this evening and Cherished is already at his grandparents house so I am chilling at home. Alone. And I know before I may have bitched about being alone on a Friday night, but now...well, I'm not even sure what time frame 'before' is referring to. Lately I have been 'not minding' the alone time. Even during the week while Cherished is gone at my mom's house and Beloved has been taking his girls to Vacation Bible School and I have found myself working out at the gym or chillin' in front of the TV, it has been rather peaceful. And quiet. And more tensionless.

Tensionless...is that a word?

No comments: