Monday, May 14, 2007

Da na...Da na...Da na


I have been having disturbing dreams lately. Ok, lately isn't exactly the correct word. For the last 6 months or so I've been having dreams that could be categorized as nightmares. They would wake me up in the middle of the night or early morning and would bother me the rest of the day.

My dreams involved sharks. They would appear in situations that made no sense. I don't remember in all of the dreams if the dream took place in the water, but eventually I would end up in the water they would appear. They wouldn't eat me, but would circle. Or I would catch a glimpse of them in the distance, just a part of their body like a tail or dorsal fin or the sleek torpedo body slowly swaying in the water. As soon as my brain registered their presence I would become anxious. Their appearance represented something to me, but I didn't know what.

A few weeks ago I was telling a co-worker about my dreams and he got online to some dream interpretation website and found the following:

SHARKS : Sharks can often symbolise resentments and bad feelings which are building up in our minds. They refer to bad moods and a sense that trouble is about to happen. They can also link to risk in general and emotional doubts and worries.

And...

Water in dreams links to the unconscious mind. Anything within that water will therefor link to your feelings and intuitions in some way. Sharks will tend to symbolise fears and worries. They will symbolise resentments building up within you and others. If the shark bites then those resentments maybe shown. Sharks can symbolise dangerous and unknown territory. It may show that you feel something involves great danger and risk. Sharks may link to very strong emotional doubts and worries.

Hmmmm.....

1 comment:

mist1 said...

I had a few shark dreams when I was in the end of my last icky relationship. Everyone got bitten in the end.