Sunday, May 13, 2007

Wear Sunscreen

I do not have many close friends that aren't also relatives. Smelly is one of my oldest and dearest friends. We met the summer before our freshman year of high school. When we found out our birthdays are just 3 days apart, we said it was fate...meant to be. We quickly became best friends. Buz Luhrmann really hit the nail on the head:

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Smelly knows me. Really knows me, far better than most people and I'm ok with that. It's comforting that even after all these years (21 to be exact) we can sit and talk and be really honest with each about our lives. About our troubles and triumphs and all the stuff in between.

Not everyone has that. But everyone should.

No comments: